Mary has had an early wake-up call for KSL NewsRadio since July 2002. She dreamed of being in a newsroom when her parents showed her “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” She knew she had to work in radio when she moved to St. Louis as a teenager and heard the clear tones of KMOX. That experience also made her a Cardinals fan for life.
She graduated from BYU in Broadcast Journalism, which has made her a Cougars fan for life. Mary did an internship with ABC’s 20/20 in New York City. While at BYU she won several awards for her work. Since then she has also been honored by the Society of Professional Journalists and the Utah Broadcasters Association.
Mary loves telling stories and meeting people. She has been to Haiti for KSL NewsRadio, and has interviewed everyone from Tom Ridge and Donald Rumsfeld, to Nick Lachey and Michael Phelps. She has also stuck her microphone in front of babies, dogs, sheep and reindeer. Anything for the story!
Mary and her husband JB are the parents of five children (four boys and a girl). She loves naps, movies, sports, books, travel and crafts.
Facebook: KSL Reporter Mary Richards
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings