Mary has had an early wake-up call for KSL NewsRadio since July 2002. She dreamed of being in a newsroom when her parents showed her “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” She knew she had to work in radio when she moved to St. Louis as a teenager and heard the clear tones of KMOX.
She graduated from BYU in Broadcast Journalism. Mary did an internship with ABC’s 20/20 in New York City. She has also been honored by the Society of Professional Journalists and the Utah Broadcasters Association.
Mary loves telling stories and meeting people. She has been to Haiti for KSL NewsRadio, and has interviewed everyone from Tom Ridge and Donald Rumsfeld, to Nick Lachey and Michael Phelps. She has also stuck her microphone in front of babies, dogs, sheep and reindeer. Anything for the story!
Mary and her husband JB are the parents of five children (four boys and a girl). She loves naps, movies, sports, books, travel and crafts.
Facebook: KSL Reporter Mary Richards
- Utah's number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8 (pageviews: 3800)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3191)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 2806)
- President Nelson calls on Latter-day Saints for "solemn assembly" (pageviews: 2368)
- Utah officials report first COVID-19 diagnosis at long-term care facility (pageviews: 2349)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 1989)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1581)
- Salt Lake City and County mayors call for statewide shutdown (pageviews: 1083)