Matthew Baiamonte got into sports broadcasting at a young age when he became the play-by-play “Voice of the Vikings” at Pleasant Grove High School as a senior in 2006. He covered both the men’s basketball and football teams on KPGR 88.1FM.
Following an LDS mission in Switzerland and France, Matt continued chasing his dream of being a sports broadcaster by becoming the voice of the women’s basketball team at Utah Valley University, while studying broadcast journalism at the school. Soon after, he became the play-by-play voice of the women’s volleyball team. He continues those roles today.
During his time at UVU, Matt earned an internship with KSL as “intern Matt” for Greg Wrubell during the initial season of independence. He was the first intern in the program to be assigned on-field work during home games. He’ll never forget being in the south end zone when Riley Nelson led an improbable comeback against the Aggies.
Upon graduation in 2013, Matt joined the Utah Jazz as a broadcast assistant working with David Locke. He enjoyed assisting all visiting NBA broadcasters, especially the Los Angeles Lakers. A lifelong Lakers fan, Matt was in the final media scrum for Kobe Bryant’s last game in Salt Lake City. Talking with Kobe will always be one of his most memorable moments in his career.
Matt is thrilled to be a part of the KSL sports team as a host of Cougar Sports Saturday. He grew up listening to BYU games on the legacy home of BYU sports, and it’s a privilege to be part of the team.
Contact Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2439)
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1853)
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map (pageviews: 1567)
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron (pageviews: 1405)
- Coronavirus Tracker (pageviews: 1309)
- Student creates petition for Davis School District to keep hybrid schedule (pageviews: 1061)
- Provo, Orem to move to "orange" during COVID-19 uptick (pageviews: 899)
- Gov. Herbert extends COVID-19 State of Emergency (pageviews: 863)