Melanie Fisher, Bluffdale Elementary
“Ms. Fisher helps 5th graders to feel loved and special, while also teaching discipline, study habits, and their role in American politics. She goes above and beyond to teach them how to actively participate in their community and rise to meet her high standards. She pushes them harder than most teachers and requires more as well, and yet her students absolutely adore and respect her. She has personally affected my son’s life in such a positive way and given him the confidence to be himself and push to reach his goals. A common saying I’ve heard many times from other parents is, “Ms. Fisher for president!” And I completely agree. If our country was run like her 5th grade classroom, we would be the better for it.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- One person trapped following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting