Vauna Wilcock, Snowville Elementary
“I I would like to nominate Mrs Vauna Wilcock for the KSL Teacher Feature. Vauna has worked for Box Elder School District for 31 years. Her roles consisted of Para and teacher. She is a very “behind the scenes” kind of person. I think she needs to be celebrated, especially this year where she is retiring. I am impressed by her energy, tenacity, and work ethic. She is the type of person to show up early and stay late. She puts in the time to make the most out of every learning opportunity. She has gone above and beyond in many ways.
She is responsible and can be trusted to fulfill what is placed in her charge. This year she wrote and planned the school Christmas play for our school. She also has planned and arranged school field trips. She loves to make learning come alive and have meaning. She cares deeply for her students and is excellent at navigating them though social and emotional crises. She is patient while also holding students to a high standard. Vauna is consistently focused on student learning and achievement. She looks at and reviews data so she can reteach and prepare her students. She takes note of struggling students and effectively creates accommodations to improve learning.
Mrs. Vauna Wilcock is a great educator that has made a positive impact on the lives of Snowville students.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces