What Are You Eating at the Game? 3 Tasty Tailgating Food Rivalries You’ll Want to Know About
This article on tailgating food rivalries is sponsored by Maceys. Happy shopping!
The college football and tailgate season is coming to an end. But some of the country’s biggest rivalries are just heating up, and so is the food that helps make the game feel that much more complete. Here are 3 of the best tailgating food rivalries from around the country that will make your mouth water and get you ready for the games!
Auburn vs. Alabama
Few football games are played on as big of a stage as the Auburn Tigers vs. the Alabama Crimson Tide. And in the pre-game tailgating outside Bryant-Denny Stadium, you’ll see generous helpings of pulled pork, chili, and southern-style Mac & cheese. What is each team’s signature dish though? Tailgaters for the University of Alabama cook up some mean BBQ, except it’s not BBq like you’d expect.
Alabama fans make Smoke-Roasted Chicken with Alabama white BBQ sauce. This classic Alabama sauce is made with mayo, vinegar and horseradish then spiked with a little hot sauce. Sounds weird, tastes fantastic.
Michigan vs. Ohio State
Moving north to Columbus, OH, is a stadium called “The Horseshoe.” That’s where the Michigan Wolverines will play the Ohio State Buckeyes. The Buckeyes have their namesake in a perfect little candy combination you might be used to: Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
Buckeyes candy is a perfect companion the tables in the parking lots outside that will be lined with Italian beef sandwiches, chips and cheeseballs, and something they call pizza burgers. Yum!
University of Utah vs BYU
1700 miles west is Salt Lake City, where the University of Utah Utes will host the BYU Cougars in their quest to win eight-in-a-row. What are some of the more popular foods outside of Rice Eccles stadium? You can’t miss the variations of red cream soda and the red and white M&M Rice Eccles crispy treats. Plus, plenty of rib-eye steak, corn on the cob, cheese cake, and lots of chips and salsa. If the food is red it’s a must. Just make sure that if you are eating red beef that your cow isn’s still moo-ing!
What Are You Making for Your University of Utah vs BYU Tailgating Food Rivalries?
And where will that food come from? Your local neighborhood Macey’s store! Macey’s is home to sweet tasting bargains and hungry football fans. Don’t forget all the essentials for game day and your own tailgating party like chips, dip, wings, burgers, and hot dogs all at Maceys.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Utah Food Bank serving more first-time users during pandemic uncertainty
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Missionary sent home over accusations of sextortion through Snapchat
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- Weather advisory, flash flood warnings issued for parts of northern Utah
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom