Not Sure How to Celebrate Your Independence this Year? 3 Patriotic 4th of July Activities to Do During the Coronavirus With Your Family
This article about 4th of July activities during the coronavirus is sponsored by Americas Freedom Festival at Provo.
This year’s patriotic celebrations for the 4th of July are going to look a lot different. The coronavirus has limited large gatherings in Utah. But luckily, there are still some great ways you can have some patriotic fun this year. Here are 3 4th of July activities to do with your family this year.
Celebrate with a Patriotic Movie
There are so many amazing movies that celebrate our country’s independence. But here are a few that will be refreshing this 4th of July. You know these movies which make them great picks for being nostalgic. Independence Day is the first. Because who doesn’t get a feeling of pride listening to Bill Pullman’s patriotic freedom speech? The movie is a classic! Next is Captain America: The First Avenger because a Marvel movie is definitely going to help right now. And finally, The Sandlot. Because what’s more American than baseball? And there is a great 4th of July scene. Plus the movie was filmed right here in Utah.
Go for a Hike
The trails might be a bit busy this year, but it’s worth checking out some of the fun trails along the Wasatch front. Take an easy hike to Cecret Lake near Alta Ski Resort. Take an east hike around Bridal Veil Falls or a moderate hike to the Upper Falls. Or if you want a hard trail, take a challenging hike to the top of Mt Timpanogos. It might be challenging, But the views are breathtaking!
Watch the Synchronized Fireworks in 3 Locations
This year is quite a bit different because of the coronavirus. There is going to be a large hole in the hearts of Utahns without Stadium of Fire. But the good news is that you can still see an amazing fireworks display around Utah County at heights up to 1500 feet! At Americas Freedom Festival around Utah County, you’ll be able to see fireworks from LaVell Edwards Stadium at BYU, Footprinter Park in southwest Provo, and Mountain View HS in Orem. And all three displays will be synchronized with patriotic music right on KSL NewsRadio!
4th of July Activities During the Coronavirus
Whatever you do this Independence Day, stay safe, stay healthy, and let freedom ring!
Today’s Top Stories
- “A pandemic of the unvaccinated:” Gov. Cox, state leaders update Utah COVID-19 status
- Demand is driving home prices in Utah through the roof
- Opinion: I watch the Olympics with my whole body
- Bear Lake Idaho: 3 surprising facts you never knew
- Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in Capitol riot
- Back to School: Spending expected to hit record highs
- Utah Department of Health releases COVID-19 recommendations for schools
- Power outage affecting North Salt Lake
- Olympics Latest: Iran’s Geraei wins Greco-Roman 67kg gold
- Traffic Alert: 500 South will be delayed near U of U campus