Wasatch Academy: How This Boarding School Has Become The Model of Coronavirus Classroom Success Stories in The United States
This article about Coronavirus classroom success is sponsored by Wasatch Academy.
With the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Utah, Schools have been hit incredibly hard. Many of them have even moved to online learning. And across the US, many states aren’t even faring that well. Twelve states have shut down all K-12 public schools to try and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Michigan, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, Illinois, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Florida, and Alabama have decided that all schools in their states will close for several weeks due to the pandemic. And Utah has been hit with its own struggles as well.
Individual Student Needs and Student Health
Believe it or not, there are actually classroom success stories coming out of Utah. Wasatch Academy has been one of these incredible stories. Wasatch Academy put a series of precautions in place at the beginning of the school year. They even added a CLIA approved lab right on campus for rapid testing. Because of all the measures they have taken, this Utah Boarding School is on the cutting edge of protecting their community from the pandemic.
The Coronavirus Classroom Success Stories of 2020
“In late July with limited and conflicting information about COVID-19, we made the commitment to have in-person teaching and learning happen. After careful and thoughtful planning, students began to arrive on campus in late August. Fourteen weeks later, students departed campus having had a robust term full of in-person learning.”
The campus is already a microcosm because of its fairly remote location in Mt. Pleasant, UT. But since it is also a live-in boarding school, students and faculty are not frequently traveling in and out of the campus. But if someone has left campus, the clinic allows everyone to get tested for the virus. This has made Wasatch Academy’s campus one of the safest places in the state, and maybe even the country. That means the incredible strong college preparatory education they provide has gone nearly uninterrupted.
Wasatch Academy Has Kept Their Campus Moving Toward Academic Success
The campus also has one of the best athletic programs in the country. And this year was no different. Over half the students enrolled at Wasatch Academy were part of the athletics program during the term. They even had weekend recreation trips. These trips included mountain biking, climbing, camping, sledding, and even hatchet throwing. They even had a full Thanksgiving dinner, complete with live music.
How Your Student Can Have a Classroom Success Story in a Pandemic
- A High School Basketball Season in a Pandemic? Get Ready for Another Exciting Sports Season at Wasatch Academy
- Why Wasatch Academy’s Incredible Learning Center Might be Your Answer to Help Your Struggling Student
- Why a Utah Boarding School is a Great Alternative to Online Learning
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: SR-190 reopened after fatal crash in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- Update: Two deputies wounded, suspect dead, after shooting near the Salt Lake County Metro Jail
- McDonald’s is leaving Walmart, and Walmart is looking for new options
- Armed suspect killed in exchange of gunfire with SLCO Deputies
- Wasatch Academy: How This Boarding School Has Become The Model of Coronavirus Classroom…
- Latter-day Saint church leaders say normal is ‘getting closer’ in Utah
- With These 4 Things to Do In Moab Utah, Are You Ready for Your Next Family Adventure?
- Missionaries in Bolivia transferred to other missions
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol