5 Bear Lake trails to hike with the whole family this year
This article about Bear Lake trails to hike is sponsored by the Bear Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Bear Lake activities don’t have to all revolve around the water. There are some great hiking loops and trails in the area and in Logan Canyon. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just want an easy stroll, there are some amazing vistas and landscapes to explore in the area. Read on for more info about a few of our highlights!
Swan Peak Trail
First on the list, while parts of this hike are steep giving it a more moderate rating, the Swan Peak Trail is a relatively short one at 3.6 miles. It’s an especially great place to avoid the crowds, catch fall foliage, or see wildlife. Read more here.
Limber Pine Nature Trail
Limber Pine Nature Trail is right in Logan Canyon. This trail is definitely easy with only 1.2 miles and an 80-foot elevation. It’s particularly a good hiking trail for kids. Plus, you can even take your dog if they are leashed. There are no fees and it’s open year-round. Read more about one hiker’s experience on this trail.
Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge Trails
The Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge is located in the Bear Lake Valley in southeastern Idaho. Established in 1968, the site was created to protect migratory bird habitat. At over 18,000 acres, there are several parts of the refuge to explore making an all-day or few-hour trip.
For more information visit their website.
Horse Lake via Sink Hollow Trail
This is undoubtedly one of the more difficult hiking trails on this list. This hike is 8.5 miles round trip and is located near Garden City, Utah. The trail features a lake and a number of different activity options. Read for more info.
Bear Lake Overlook is one of THE best Bear Lake trails
Finally, if catching views is more your style, you can head up to the Bear Lake State Park rest area for an overlook of the entire lake, perfect for snapshots for your memory books.
- Before you book your family trip: Here’s what you need to know about Bear Lake rentals this spring and summer
- Bear Lake Utah is the Perfect Place to Visit This Spring and Summer if You are Looking for Something to Get You Out of the House
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to check it out
Today’s Top Stories
- Church missionary serving in Alabama injured in a shooting
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport
- How to tell if it’s time for a ‘sleep divorce’
- U of U Utes win first Pac-12 championship; heading to the Rose Bowl
- Tooele County man is taken into custody after child porn investigation
- Odgen police arrest man after making threats toward his family, police
- Two-vehicle accident near Hurricane sends 3 people to the hospital
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Ten things you may not know about Jazz owner Ryan Smith