Rep. Chris Stewart, Republican for 2nd District
Incumbent Republican Chris Stewart is a member of the U.S. House, representing Utah’s 2nd Congressional District. He is running for re-election.
Stewart has been a representative since 2001. Previous to that, he was the owner of Shipley Group and a member of the U.S. Air Force. He served in the Air Force for 14 years, flying both rescue helicopters and the B-1B Bomber.
He’s also the author of several books.
Raised in the Cache Valley, Stewart graduated from Sky View High School. He attended Utah State University and earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. He completed a mission in Texas for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He and his wife, Evie, are the parents of six children.
As a member of Congress, Stewart serves as a member of the following committees: House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Budget Committee, and the Appropriations Committee.
You can find more information here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Somebody wants the Bible removed from Davis County school libraries