Rep. Chris Stewart, Republican for 2nd District
Incumbent Republican Chris Stewart is a member of the U.S. House, representing Utah’s 2nd Congressional District. He is running for re-election.
Stewart has been a representative since 2001. Previous to that, he was the owner of Shipley Group and a member of the U.S. Air Force. He served in the Air Force for 14 years, flying both rescue helicopters and the B-1B Bomber.
He’s also the author of several books.
Raised in the Cache Valley, Stewart graduated from Sky View High School. He attended Utah State University and earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. He completed a mission in Texas for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He and his wife, Evie, are the parents of six children.
As a member of Congress, Stewart serves as a member of the following committees: House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Budget Committee, and the Appropriations Committee.
You can find more information here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished