Becky Bruce joined the KSL News team on New Year’s Eve, 2007, as Executive Producer of Utah’s Afternoon News. She likes to think of herself as a pioneer – she came to Utah in a minivan, towing a U-Haul trailer some 2000 miles across frozen prairies to get here. She loves Utah’s mountains and low humidity, and the many opportunities the Beehive State offers her family to play outdoors.
Since then, she produced Utah’s Morning News before accepting a new role as Executive Producer of Digital Content in 2016. Between then and 2021, she co-hosted FBI Confidential, a video podcast with Sheryl Worsley and Debbie Dujanovic, and reported and hosted the podcast Hope In Darkness: The Josh Holt Story. All 12 episodes are free to listen anywhere you get podcasts.
These days, you can find her running around like a madwoman as the news director of KSL NewsRadio. If it sounds a lot like herding cats, it’s because it is. But they are the BEST cats in the business, and she knows it.
Becky is a proud graduate of the University of Kentucky and has won two national Edward R. Murrow awards for best newscast, and regional Murrows for feature reporting and best podcast. She also was a member of the team that won a national Murrow in social media for the Cold podcast.
Contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook: Becky Bruce
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up