Dave Cawley might have been born to fly. His brother, father and grandfather have all made their livings in the cockpits of commercial aircraft. Dave decided at a young age to pursue a different path. He took the microphone instead of the yoke. Instead of starting his announcements with “this is your captain speaking,” he now has the honor to say “KSL news time is…”
Born and raised in Utah, Dave has spent the entirety of his career in the Beehive State. He is a graduate of the University of Utah’s journalism school and went to work as a field reporter directly out of college in the early 2000s. He joined KSL in 2012, taking over as the Executive Producer for the afternoon news. In early 2018, he moved into a new role as Executive Producer of Digital Content. In this position, he oversees KSL’s investigative podcasting efforts.
Outside of the newsroom, Dave enjoys exploring the nooks of America’s backcountry. He has backpacked from the high Rockies to the depths of red rock canyons. His nature photos have also been exhibited in museums, including the Natural History Museum of Utah and the High Desert Museum in Bend, Oregon.
Contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: SR-190 reopened after fatal crash in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- McDonald’s is leaving Walmart, and Walmart is looking for new options
- Update: Two deputies wounded, suspect dead, after shooting near the Salt Lake County Metro Jail
- Armed suspect killed in exchange of gunfire with SLCO Deputies
- Wasatch Academy: How This Boarding School Has Become The Model of Coronavirus Classroom…
- Latter-day Saint church leaders say normal is ‘getting closer’ in Utah
- With These 4 Things to Do In Moab Utah, Are You Ready for Your Next Family Adventure?
- Missionaries in Bolivia transferred to other missions
- Ogden high school to restart childcare for student-parents