Randall Jeppesen joined the KSL News team full-time in 2004 after doing some occasional work for the station while finishing up his college degree at BYU.
During his time at KSL, Randall has won multiple regional Edward R. Murrow awards for his Radio storytelling. The awards range from the best use of sound to the best investigative reporting piece when compared to reporters in other large western markets such as Phoenix and Denver. Randall has also won numerous local awards including best radio reporter from the Society of Professional Journalists in Utah.
Randall started his broadcasting career as a news host for KBYI/KRIC in Rexburg, Idaho while studying broadcasting at Ricks College. At the same time he also got to indulge his love of sports as he called play-by-play for the Vikings baseball team on the student station KWBH.
More recently Randall jumped into television broadcasting making regular appearances on KSL 5 TV to go along with his daily reports on KSL NewsRadio. Randall’s work also shows up in print as he regularly contributes to content in the Deseret News.
Randall grew up in Southeastern Idaho and still loves trips back home. He also enjoys the great outdoors in Utah as well as attending all types of sporting events.
Randall has lived most of his life in the mountain west region of the United States and hates to be away from the mountains for too long. However he has spent short periods of time living in New York City; Hamm, Germany; and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Utah's number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8 (pageviews: 3800)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3191)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 2806)
- President Nelson calls on Latter-day Saints for "solemn assembly" (pageviews: 2368)
- Utah officials report first COVID-19 diagnosis at long-term care facility (pageviews: 2349)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 1989)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1581)
- Salt Lake City and County mayors call for statewide shutdown (pageviews: 1083)