My “big break” came when I was 17 and started working weekends at my small, hometown radio station. A few years prior, I was sitting in my 9th grade English class on career day when the realization came to me, “This is what I was born to do.” Radio is my passion, and that makes my job at KSL NewsRadio rewarding, fulfilling and fun!
As a Kentucky native with degrees in Communications and in Broadcasting, I enjoyed working in a variety of positions in radio and TV, from DJ to director. Then, after moving across country to Utah, I spent the next ten years as the Creative Director for a Midvale company writing & producing in-store audio commercials. These ads were aired in a variety of stores across the United States. There, in my stable of voice talents, was KSL’s very own Doug Wright. But, after being out of the industry for several years, it was time I returned to my radio roots.
With many years of traffic experience and having reported for most stations in the Salt Lake market, I took the mic at the KSL Traffic Center in 2007. Most of that time was reporting traffic at the crack of dawn with Utah’s Morning News. Now, you can hear me in the afternoons including Utah’s Noon News and on your drive home with Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News. Come along for the ride and join me weekdays for regular traffic updates, emergency traffic alerts and those dreaded snow days. Follow me on Twitter @KSLRikki
Contact Rikki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…