My “big break” came when I was 17 and started working weekends at my small, hometown radio station. A few years prior, I was sitting in my 9th grade English class on career day when the realization came to me, “This is what I was born to do.” Radio is my passion, and that makes my job at KSL NewsRadio rewarding, fulfilling and fun!
As a Kentucky native with degrees in Communications and in Broadcasting, I enjoyed working in a variety of positions in radio and TV, from DJ to director. Then, after moving across country to Utah, I spent the next ten years as the Creative Director for a Midvale company writing & producing in-store audio commercials. These ads were aired in a variety of stores across the United States. There, in my stable of voice talents, was KSL’s very own Doug Wright. But, after being out of the industry for several years, it was time I returned to my radio roots.
With many years of traffic experience and having reported for most stations in the Salt Lake market, I took the mic at the KSL Traffic Center in 2007. Most of that time was reporting traffic at the crack of dawn with Utah’s Morning News. Now, you can hear me in the afternoons including Utah’s Noon News and on your drive home with Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News. Come along for the ride and join me weekdays for regular traffic updates, emergency traffic alerts and those dreaded snow days. Follow me on Twitter @KSLRikki
Contact Rikki at email@example.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility