My “big break” came when I was 17 and started working weekends at my small, hometown radio station. A few years prior, I was sitting in my 9th grade English class on career day when the realization came to me, “This is what I was born to do.” Radio is my passion, and that makes my job at KSL NewsRadio rewarding, fulfilling and fun!
As a Kentucky native with degrees in Communications and in Broadcasting, I enjoyed working in a variety of positions in radio and TV, from DJ to director. Then, after moving across country to Utah, I spent the next ten years as the Creative Director for a Midvale company writing & producing in-store audio commercials. These ads were aired in a variety of stores across the United States. There, in my stable of voice talents, was KSL’s very own Doug Wright. But, after being out of the industry for several years, it was time I returned to my radio roots. ”
With many years of traffic experience and having reported for most stations in the Salt Lake market, I took the mic at the KSL Traffic Center in 2007. Most of that time was reporting traffic at the crack of dawn with Utah’s Morning News. Now, you can hear me in the afternoons including Utah’s Noon News and on your drive home with Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News. Come along for the ride and join me weekdays for regular traffic updates, emergency traffic alerts and those dreaded snow days. Follow me on Twitter @KSLRikki, and you can also catch me on “Read Today” heard each Sunday at 7pm.
- VIDEO: interviews of Charlie Powell available for the first time (pageviews: 5818)
- More on the lime-green puppy born in North Carolina (pageviews: 5685)
- Listen (pageviews: 4453)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 1388)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1301)
- UPDATE: Victims of Grantsville shooting identified (pageviews: 1298)
- Man kills coyote with bare hands after it attacks his son (pageviews: 1077)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 1059)
- Developing: Homicide investigation in Grantsville 4 people confirmed dead (pageviews: 935)