Three people in custody as police search for suspect in Saturday’s officer involved shooting
Jan 23, 2018, 7:31 PM
HERRIMAN — Three people were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon, believed to be connected to an officer
involved shooting in Riverton, last weekend.
Salt Lake City Police are still searching for their suspect in the shooting, 33-year-old Justin Gary Llewelyn.
Lt. Greg Wilking said they continue to search for Llewelyn and hope these three people may lead officers to his location.
“We’d certainly like to resolve this as early and as peacefully as possible,” Wilking said, adding that
they asked Herriman schools to go on lockout while making contact with the people in custody now. “It’s always
better to err on the side of caution.”
He said all three were detained peacefully and Salt Lake City Police later tweeted that Tasha and Mista Llewelyn were arrested for obstruction of justice in the Riverton shooting.
Tasha and Misty Llewelyn have been arrested for obstruction of justice related to the Riverton/Herriman shooting. There is a $$ reward for any information leading to the arrest of Justin Llewelyn.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 24, 2018
Llewelyn is accused of shooting at officers when they approached him in Riverton early Saturday morning. Then shooting
a man as he stole the man’s vehicle. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Learn more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- False alarm of reported shots fired near Granger Elementary
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Latest snow on Utah roads prompts police to encourage safe driving
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]