Three people in custody as police search for suspect in Saturday’s officer involved shooting
Jan 23, 2018, 7:31 PM
HERRIMAN — Three people were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon, believed to be connected to an officer
involved shooting in Riverton, last weekend.
Salt Lake City Police are still searching for their suspect in the shooting, 33-year-old Justin Gary Llewelyn.
Lt. Greg Wilking said they continue to search for Llewelyn and hope these three people may lead officers to his location.
“We’d certainly like to resolve this as early and as peacefully as possible,” Wilking said, adding that
they asked Herriman schools to go on lockout while making contact with the people in custody now. “It’s always
better to err on the side of caution.”
He said all three were detained peacefully and Salt Lake City Police later tweeted that Tasha and Mista Llewelyn were arrested for obstruction of justice in the Riverton shooting.
Tasha and Misty Llewelyn have been arrested for obstruction of justice related to the Riverton/Herriman shooting. There is a $$ reward for any information leading to the arrest of Justin Llewelyn.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 24, 2018
Llewelyn is accused of shooting at officers when they approached him in Riverton early Saturday morning. Then shooting
a man as he stole the man’s vehicle. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Learn more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour