West Valley teacher arrested, suspected of student sex abuse
WEST VALLEY CITY – Police are looking for more potential victims, after they arrested a teacher on suspicion of sexually abusing at least one boy.
West Valley Police consider Kyle Hill, 33, to have been a wolf in sheep’s clothing at Endeavor Hall Charter School.
“One of the best teachers in the school,” said Lt. Kent Stokes. “Did a great job teaching his kids and working with the faculty.”
Stokes says Hill groomed a 9-year-old male student of his for sexual abuse, rewarding him with extra classroom currency and candy.
Hill even visited the boy and his parents at their home.
“They were suspicious of some kind of activity, and that’s what made them talk to their son,” Stokes said. “They turned the investigation over to us.
“There’s no indication that the boy came to the parents.’
The probable cause statement says Hill admitted abusing the boy, and taking photos, in his classroom.
West Valley Police want other potential victims to come forward. Hill worked at Endeavor Hall for three years. He was at one time a student-teacher at Timpanogos Elementary in Provo.
Investigators are taking calls at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient