More headaches in store for I-80 construction
TOOELE COUNTY — All westbound lanes on I-80 into Tooele County from Salt Lake County should reopen Monday afternoon, and all eastbound lanes by Tuesday morning.
But the traffic nightmares are a taste of things to come.
I-80 had 55-minute delays near SR-201 on Monday morning.
“Some of that was due to a few crashes, but we had it down to one lane in both directions,” said UDOT Spokesman John Gleason.
He said construction crews were preparing the freeway for around August 1, when they’ll replace 50-year-old bridges over the railroad tracks.
“We are going to see I-80 down to one lane in both directions for at least a few weeks,” Gleason said.
Crews are building the bridges now so they’ll be ready for placement, in hopes of quickening the process.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers