PROVO – It took several weeks and an entire camp, but the BYU football finally gave the starting nod to senior Tanner Mangum Friday.
BYU held no special press conference to make an announcement. It just released a depth chart indicating Mangum received the starting spot.
— BYU Cougars PR (@BYUCougarsPR) August 24, 2018
Mangum earned the starting role last year as well before sustaining an achilles injury at Fresno State University. Overall the senior played in 8 games last year. He threw for 1,540 yards and eight touchdowns on the year. Mangum is 16-10 overall when he has seen the field, including going 9-3 in his freshman year.
BYU will look to him to guide the offense after the team’s struggles last season on the offensive side of the ball. Coaches narrowed it down to him and freshman Zach Wilson before ultimately selecting the senior quarterback.
BYU will travel to Arizona for its season opener on September 1st.
- Step-father of missing Idaho kids speaks to ABC (pageviews: 8872)
- A YouTuber's fancy Bali vacation sure looked nice. Nope, the photos were taken in an Ikea (pageviews: 4364)
- Costco bans non-members from their food court (pageviews: 3635)
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsil surgery (pageviews: 3429)
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children (pageviews: 2878)
- Volunteer cuddle program helps babies in the NICU (pageviews: 1746)
- 5-year-old Millcreek boy hit and killed (pageviews: 1455)
- Fatal rollover near Salt Lake airport (pageviews: 1083)