Report: SLC’s driver safety rating slightly improves
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City’s safety record for drivers improves, according to one study, but not by much.
Utah’s capital city improved to 48th for safest drivers among the country’s 200 biggest cities.
That’s still up ten spots since 2017 in Allstate Insurance’s America’s Best Drivers Report.
West Valley City dropped 19 spots to 93rd. Boise ranked third on the 2018 list.
Allstate mainly studied car crash data and hard braking events, adding our drivers crash once every nine years on average.
The nation’s safest big city for driving is Brownsville, Texas with a population 183,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- The countdown is over… what does Training Table have cooking up?
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Million dollar traffic stop in St. George
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Zion National Park announces Fat Squirrel Week… it might not be what you think
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful