Swimmer dies in accident at Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN — The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said a swimmer died Sunday afternoon in a mishap near the Cedar Springs Marina area of Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man was in the water at about 2:10 p.m. when sheriff’s deputies received word of a situation. They responded to the marina and located the man, who was unresponsive.
In a statement, the sheriff’s office said the man was later pronounced deceased. It did not provide a cause of death.
The name of the man was not immediately released.
The death came just two days after another person died in a UTV rollover accident at Flaming Gorge. The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said the UTV rolled off Daggett County Road 17 Friday afternoon, ending up in the reservoir. The man who was killed was a passenger in the UTV and was pinned in the wreckage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Justice Department brings new suits over sanctuary policies