Swimmer dies in accident at Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN — The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said a swimmer died Sunday afternoon in a mishap near the Cedar Springs Marina area of Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man was in the water at about 2:10 p.m. when sheriff’s deputies received word of a situation. They responded to the marina and located the man, who was unresponsive.
In a statement, the sheriff’s office said the man was later pronounced deceased. It did not provide a cause of death.
The name of the man was not immediately released.
The death came just two days after another person died in a UTV rollover accident at Flaming Gorge. The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said the UTV rolled off Daggett County Road 17 Friday afternoon, ending up in the reservoir. The man who was killed was a passenger in the UTV and was pinned in the wreckage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement