Utah Jazz to hold ‘Meet the Team’ event before first preseason game
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz announced Wednesday it will hold a “Meet the Team” event Friday September 28th at 6 p.m. just before the Jazz tip off its first preseason game the next day.
It will be raining threes.🏀🏀🏀
Public invited to free @utahjazz “Meet the Team” event on Sept. 28 at 6 p.m. Three-point shooting contest among players + introductions + interviews + game entertainment. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at @vivintarena. No ticket required. pic.twitter.com/q0PaLJRCmL
— Utah Jazz Doing Good (@JazzDoingGood) September 12, 2018
The event will be free to the public and will not require a ticket. The organization will provide free parking at Park Place just northeast of the main arena entrance and doors will open at 5:30 p.m.
The team’s PA announcer, Dan Roberts, will first introduce the team with each player being accompanied by two Junior Jazz youth.
From there players will separate into teams for a three point shootout contest. Each team will consist of two players, a guard or wing and a big man. Every Jazzman will have 45 seconds to finish three racks of five basketballs and will include one money ball at each rack.
The two teams which score the most will advance to a championship round.
Voice of the Utah Jazz, David Locke, will serve as the master of ceremonies and Kristen Kenney will interview select players at the event. The Jazz Dancers, Jazz Dunk Team, and Jazz bear will provide entertainment as well.
The organization says there will no opportunities for autographs and pictures for fans. The Jazz’s first preseason game will be Saturday, September 29, against NBL’s Perth Wildcats from Australia. Tip off is set for 7 p.m. at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction