SALT LAKE CITY — A Catholic priest in Salt Lake City is fighting a charge of soliciting prostitution, and offering an alibi.
Court documents say Fr. Andrezj Skrzypiec, 62, claimed he was looking to buy tacos at a stand near 200 North 900 West.
Police say the man offered an undercover officer $30 for a sex act.
Fr. Skrzypiec leads St. Ambrose Parish and serves as chaplain of Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School.
His attorney, Clayton Simms, calls this a misunderstanding, and his client denies the charges.
Fr. Skrzypiec is on administrative leave. He faces a year in jail if convicted of a class A misdemeanor.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings