SALT LAKE CITY — A Catholic priest in Salt Lake City is fighting a charge of soliciting prostitution, and offering an alibi.
Court documents say Fr. Andrezj Skrzypiec, 62, claimed he was looking to buy tacos at a stand near 200 North 900 West.
Police say the man offered an undercover officer $30 for a sex act.
Fr. Skrzypiec leads St. Ambrose Parish and serves as chaplain of Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School.
His attorney, Clayton Simms, calls this a misunderstanding, and his client denies the charges.
Fr. Skrzypiec is on administrative leave. He faces a year in jail if convicted of a class A misdemeanor.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 27327)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 6865)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 6175)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5062)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 4336)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3766)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 3341)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2473)
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date (pageviews: 2074)