Man dies in officer-involved shooting in Orem
OREM — A man has died in an officer-involved shooting in Orem on Friday afternoon near 81 N. Paradise Drive.
Officers were responding to a family problem at the home where they found the male suspect inside a bedroom. They say the man came at them with a knife in hand.
“One of our officers tried to taze the man,” says Orem Lt. Craig Martinez. “That didn’t work…both officers fired several shots striking him.”
The suspect was taken to a nearby hospital in poor condition, and later died from his injuries. Both officers are alright.
“One of them did suffer a cut to his hand. We’re not quite sure yet how he got that cut,” says Martinez.
Both officers were wearing body cameras.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- Zion National Park announces Fat Squirrel Week… it might not be what you think
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…