North Ogden vigil mourns loss of Maj. Brent Taylor
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — Hundreds of friends, neighbors, ward members and strangers gathered Wednesday night outside the home of Major and Mayor Brent Taylor.
Jennie Taylor spoke to them while holding one of her young children.
“I thank you from the bottom of my heart, from the depth of my soul, for the friendship that you offer, for the goodness that you represent,” she said.
The community came out to show her that as she figures out how to raise her seven children without her husband… she won’t be alone.
There is another larger vigil planned for this Saturday at Barker Park at 5 pm. City Councilman Phillip Swanson says it is shaping up to be similar to the pending funeral plans, with speakers and patriotic songs and an audio-visual remembrance of Major Taylor.
He says anyone who wants to honor Major Taylor should follow his example and serve others.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings