AMERICAN FORK — The Alpine School District is building its statewide lead for total number of enrolled students.
Alpine Schools could reach 80,000 students by the end of the school year, and 85,000 by 2023.
The district reports six of the 59 elementary schools have about 1,000 kids each.
Westlake High is among Utah’s biggest with 3,200 students.
Credit goes to Utah County’s overall rising population.
State numbers show Davis Schools rank second with 72,000 students, and Granite Schools with 66,000.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings