OPINION: New changes to UT voting system you should know about
Have you heard of ranked-choice voting? It’s a new voting system that is now available in cities across Utah. I’m just finding out about it.
Ranked-choice voting has been going on for a while in other states with some degree of success. I’m frustrated with the two-party system but with ranked-choice voting, it gives a third party candidate a better chance of winning. Stan Lockhart joins me to discuss the pros and cons.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces