OPINION: Should college athletes get paid?
Should college athletes get paid? Absolutely.
Legislators in the state of Washington are trying to pass a bill that would allow college athletes to get paid for playing.
Scott Mitchell, a former NFL quarterback, joined the show to say that collegiate athletes should absolutely be paid. He says that while college athletes are already getting paid in one form or another through gifts and scholarships, they still deserve to be paid monetarily.
What do you think? Is playing sports a form of work? If so, shouldn’t they be paid?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025