OPINION: Should college athletes get paid?
Should college athletes get paid? Absolutely.
Legislators in the state of Washington are trying to pass a bill that would allow college athletes to get paid for playing.
Scott Mitchell, a former NFL quarterback, joined the show to say that collegiate athletes should absolutely be paid. He says that while college athletes are already getting paid in one form or another through gifts and scholarships, they still deserve to be paid monetarily.
What do you think? Is playing sports a form of work? If so, shouldn’t they be paid?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers