Should college athletes get paid? Absolutely.
Legislators in the state of Washington are trying to pass a bill that would allow college athletes to get paid for playing.
Scott Mitchell, a former NFL quarterback, joined the show to say that collegiate athletes should absolutely be paid. He says that while college athletes are already getting paid in one form or another through gifts and scholarships, they still deserve to be paid monetarily.
What do you think? Is playing sports a form of work? If so, shouldn’t they be paid?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings