OPINION: My daughter evacuated during the Fashion Place shooting. I’m so grateful she’s OK
My daughter was working as a manager at a fast food restaurant at Fashion Place Mall when a shooting broke out just outside.
Luckily, she wasn’t hurt. Even though she normally doesn’t like hugs, my family gave her a ton of hugs last night.
I grew up in a world where I didn’t have to deal with shootings, active shooters, or gang-related violence in mall parking lots.
What’s the solution?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man