Truck crashes into, flattens Wellington restaurant
WELLINGTON — Police say a tractor-trailer going too fast for the slick conditions crashed into a restaurant, flattening it in the process.
Los Jilbertos is located on a curve along U.S. 6, as the road carves through Wellington, south of Price.
At least three people suffered injuries in the crash, the Utah Highway Patrol said.
Troopers say the restaurant was open at the time as the truck left U.S. 6 and struck the restaurant. By the time they arrived, UHP says the restaurant’s owner was standing outside. According to the Associated Press, troopers helped the Wellington Fire Department rescue that man’s wife, who was trapped under the collapsed building.
The crash also knocked out electricity and gas service to parts of the town of Wellington.
Police said the truck driver suffered minor injuries. The fire department says a man and a woman who were hurt inside the restaurant suffered serious injuries.
They were asking Carbon County residents not to come by the scene as it was still active and under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process