Utah football standout shines in Super Bowl ad
ATLANTA — The highlight of a widely-seen Super Bowl ad for the NFL’s 100th season was a Utah native who has made headlines as a young female football phenomenon.
— Sam Gordon (@Sam_Gordon6) February 4, 2019
Sam Gordon, who launched the Utah Girls Tackle Football League with her father in 2015, is the only female player among a cast of pro football greats chasing after a golden football in the ad.
Gordon, 15, was featured in a two-minute long spot that aired in a prime broadcast position, right before Super Bowl LIII’s halftime show with Maroon 5. In the ad, the Herriman native is holding the football when cornerback Richard Sherman asks if he can have it.
“You want this? Come and get it,” Gordon says in the ad.
By Monday afternoon, the advertisement had more than one million views on YouTube.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?