Woman testifies against ex-boyfriend in killing of teens
PROVO, Utah (AP) — The former girlfriend of a Utah man accused of killing two teens testified that she witnessed their deaths and the hiding of their bodies in a mine shaft.
Morgan Henderson testified inside a Provo courtroom Wednesday in the preliminary hearing for Jerrod Baum, who is charged with two counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of 17-year-old Brelynne “Breezy” Otteson and 18-year-old Riley Powell.
Henderson told the court that the teens were tied up in the back of Powell’s Jeeps, which Baum drove to the mine outside of Eureka.
She said Baum stabbed the teens and then threw their bodies into the mine.
Henderson has pleaded guilty to 10 counts of obstruction of justice and was sentenced to three years in jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…