Iowa student found dead at Canyonlands National Park in Utah
CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK, Utah (AP) — Authorities say a 33-year-old University of Iowa graduate student found dead at Canyonlands National Park in southern Utah apparently fell 500 feet (152.4 meters) from an overlook.
The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office said Jonathan Hogue’s body was found Friday at the base over the Green River Overlook following a search that began Tuesday.
His car was found near the overlook in the park’s Island in the Sky district.
Hogue was described as an avid hiker known for going off trail and traveling long distances.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July