Two dead after crash on SR-201 near 8400 West
MANGA – Utah Highway Patrol confirmed two people died in a rollover crash on SR-201 and about 8400 West in Magna Wednesday afternoon.
Both directions were closed as authorities investigate the crash.
Early photos of the double fatal crash on SR201 at about 9400 W. The roadway will be closed for at least a couple hours. Additional details will follow. pic.twitter.com/U7BhVpOyqH
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) March 27, 2019
Drivers will want to avoid the area and use an alternate route. UDOT’s website said the crash was expected to be cleared about 6:30 PM originally, but the clear time is now expected to be about 9:30 PM.
CLOSED EB/WB SR-201 btwn 8000 – 11000 West Magna due to fatal rollover crash at 8400 West. Avoid & use alt route. WB is expected to remain CLOSED for about the next 1.5-2 hours. @kslnewsradio @kir pic.twitter.com/PQ0MuXGXnG
— Rikki Meece (@KSLRikki) March 27, 2019
Police did not release immediate information on the crash. This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000
- Mr. Werner Schoeck – Granite High School
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers