Former AZ senator Jeff Flake outlines threats against him
Former Arizona Senator Jeff Flake says a man with a rifle scope went looking for him at church.
He’s outlining the many threats he says he received before leaving office.
Flake told The Guardian that a man entered three church buildings in Arizona belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints looking for him. Flake is a member of the Church. The man reportedly also showed up at another event two weeks ago.
Mesa Police confirm they are helping Flake and his family during an investigation being handled by federal authorities. The Church declined to comment to a question about it from the St George Spectrum newspaper.
Meanwhile, a Chicago man pleaded guilty last week to leaving a death threat for Flake after the Brett Kavanaugh hearings.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Multiple factors combined to stop NB-15 traffic overnight, lanes back open