Former AZ senator Jeff Flake outlines threats against him
Former Arizona Senator Jeff Flake says a man with a rifle scope went looking for him at church.
He’s outlining the many threats he says he received before leaving office.
Flake told The Guardian that a man entered three church buildings in Arizona belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints looking for him. Flake is a member of the Church. The man reportedly also showed up at another event two weeks ago.
Mesa Police confirm they are helping Flake and his family during an investigation being handled by federal authorities. The Church declined to comment to a question about it from the St George Spectrum newspaper.
Meanwhile, a Chicago man pleaded guilty last week to leaving a death threat for Flake after the Brett Kavanaugh hearings.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment