KSL 5 is back on DirecTV
KSL 5 television has returned to DirecTV after being off the satellite television provider for about eight months. An email sent to employee’s from Vice President and General Manager Tanya Vea was pretty simple and to the point, that a deal had been finalized and the local NBC affiliate had returned.
#BreakingNews KSL 5 television is back on #DirectTV. The announcement coming after an agreement with the satellite television provider was finalized late Thursday pic.twitter.com/cNrcVkATgY
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) April 5, 2019
Social media lit up with the good news, and KSL 5 news anchor Dave McCann, fresh off the 10 o’clock newscast, said he was glad to be back on.
“We’ve been off DirecTV since August, and that’s been a long run, and a lot of frustration for a lot of folks, especially our viewers, a quarter of the state. We’re thrilled to have those viewers back and hope we can earn their trust again and make KSL 5 one of their viewing habits for a long time coming,” said McCann.
KSL TV programming disappeared from DirecTV back in August, 2018 over failure to reach a deal over market compensation. Successful negotiations to get the NBC affiliate back on the air comes ahead of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ general conference weekend, which is broadcast locally on KSL TV.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash