Motorcyclist killed in crash into power box off Legacy Parkway
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Highway Patrol officials say a motorcyclist who hadn’t completed a rider safety course is dead after a crash.
They say speed and inexperience may have contributed to the fatal accident Saturday evening in Davis County that killed 36-year-old Michael Frederickson.
Authorities say Frederickson went off the Legacy Parkway and crashed into a power box.
They say there were no witnesses to the crash.
The Deseret News reports a nearby resident heard the crash, looked out the window, saw a cloud of dust and called 911.
Frederickson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces