KINSHASA, Democratic Republic of the Congo — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated its new temple yesterday in Kinshasha, the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Elder Dale G. Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles traveled to Kinshasha for the dedication. He presided at the cornerstone ceremony and at the dedicatory service, offering a blessing on the people of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where there are now about 60,000 Latter-day Saints.
The temple was announced in 2011. It’s the 163rd operating temple in the Church, and will serve seven countries in central Africa.
The dedication was preceded by a special youth devotional in Kinshasha and tours of the new building for religious and government leaders.
Photo credit: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)