SWAT standoff resolved in Magna
MAGNA, Utah — A man that barricaded himself inside of the bathroom of a Magna Burger King near 8400 W has been resolved.
The standoff started shortly before midnight when a man locked himself inside the bathroom and started firing shots.
Detective Kevin Mallory said he pulled out the weapon shortly after Police responded after employees called to say that the man wouldn’t leave.
“While we’ve been here the suspect has been in the bathroom firing shots,” Det. Mallory said.
“We don’t know that he was firing in any particular direction, but he has been actively firing while we’ve been on the scene.”
No other buildings appear to have been hit, and police were able to resolve the situation that resulted in the man being arrested shortly before 5:30 Wednesday morning.
Unified Police originally asked for schools in the area to be closed but upon the resolution of the standoff, all classes will be back in session.
Update: the situation in Magna is resolved and one person is in custody. Schools will be in session and the intersection will open in about one hour.
— Unified Police Dept (@UPDSL) April 17, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field