SWAT standoff resolved in Magna
MAGNA, Utah — A man that barricaded himself inside of the bathroom of a Magna Burger King near 8400 W has been resolved.
The standoff started shortly before midnight when a man locked himself inside the bathroom and started firing shots.
Detective Kevin Mallory said he pulled out the weapon shortly after Police responded after employees called to say that the man wouldn’t leave.
“While we’ve been here the suspect has been in the bathroom firing shots,” Det. Mallory said.
“We don’t know that he was firing in any particular direction, but he has been actively firing while we’ve been on the scene.”
No other buildings appear to have been hit, and police were able to resolve the situation that resulted in the man being arrested shortly before 5:30 Wednesday morning.
Unified Police originally asked for schools in the area to be closed but upon the resolution of the standoff, all classes will be back in session.
Update: the situation in Magna is resolved and one person is in custody. Schools will be in session and the intersection will open in about one hour.
— Unified Police Dept (@UPDSL) April 17, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools