SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea announced that it has test-fired a new type of tactical guided weapon.
The Korean Central News Agency says Chairman Kim Jong Un observed the firing of the weapon Wednesday by the Academy of Defense Science.
The agency reports that Kim said “the development of the weapon system serves as an event of very weighty significance in increasing the combat power of the People’s Army.”
The agency says Kim mounted an observation post to learn about the test-fire of the new-type tactical guided weapon and guide the test-fire.
The announcement came after reports of new activity at a North Korean missile research center and long-range rocket site where the North is believed to build long-range missiles targeting the U.S. mainland.
The White House said it was aware of the report and had no comment.
The Associated Press could not immediately and independently verify North Korea’s claim.
- Davis School District details plans for fall reopening (pageviews: 13948)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10004)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover (pageviews: 4872)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4288)
- US surgeons successfully perform double lung transplant on Covid-19 patient for first time | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3730)
- Davis School District details plans for fall reopening | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3532)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified (pageviews: 2532)
- The bubonic plague is back again in China's Inner Mongolia (pageviews: 2001)