OREM, Utah (AP) — The Utah Republican Party has a new chairman.
Former state legislator Derek Brown on Saturday easily defeated three other candidates in the race to succeed Rob Anderson, who did not seek-re-election to the post he won in 2017.
Brown was supported by 62 percent of the delegates attending the party’s annual state convention held at Utah Valley University in Orem.
Brown told reporters his top priorities will be fundraising and outreach to unify Republicans.
He had endorsements from Sens. Mike Lee and Mitt Romney and Gov. Gary Herbert encouraged Brown to run.
Brown is a former deputy chief of staff for Lee.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings