SALT LAKE CITY — A Russian national accused of smuggling fighter jet manuals to Moscow will soon go on trial here in Utah.
Jail records show Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko is sitting in jail this morning in Weber County and is charged in the US District Court in Salt Lake for conspiring against the United States and violating the Arms Export Control Act.
The indictment says he tried to get technical manuals for jets based or maintained at Hill Air Force base and wanted to ship them to Russia.
According to court documents, Tishchenko is accused of working through both a Russia-based video game forum and E-Bay in the scheme.
The original charges were filed in June 2016 in a sealed federal indictment.
Tishchenko was arrested this year in the nation of Georgia and was extradited back to Utah after that nation agreed to send him to the US.
He’s scheduled to go on trial in August in federal court on these charges.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 27327)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 6865)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 6175)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5062)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 4336)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3766)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 3341)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2473)
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date (pageviews: 2074)