SALT LAKE CITY — Current Lieutenant Governor Spencer Cox announced early Tuesday morning that he would be seeking the Governor’s office.
The announcement, made on Twitter, focuses on Cox’s family and his roots in central Utah’s Sanpete County.
Ok friends…@AbbyPalmerCox and I want you to know first. It’s time. We’ve decided to run for Governor – and we cant do it without you! Please visit https://t.co/x5kT5gqD5M to join the team and donate. Oh and please retweet. Let’s go. #VoteCoxpic.twitter.com/RYkSHbCztU
— Spencer Cox (@SpencerJCox) May 14, 2019
Cox, a Republican from Fairview, was appointed as the Lieutenant Governor in 2013 and re-elected with Gov. Gary Herbert in 2016.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings