Utah’s Lieutenant Governor Spencer Cox announces run for Governor
SALT LAKE CITY — Current Lieutenant Governor Spencer Cox announced early Tuesday morning that he would be seeking the Governor’s office.
The announcement, made on Twitter, focuses on Cox’s family and his roots in central Utah’s Sanpete County.
Ok friends…@AbbyPalmerCox and I want you to know first. It’s time. We’ve decided to run for Governor – and we cant do it without you! Please visit https://t.co/x5kT5gqD5M to join the team and donate. Oh and please retweet. Let’s go. #VoteCoxpic.twitter.com/RYkSHbCztU
— Spencer Cox (@SpencerJCox) May 14, 2019
Cox, a Republican from Fairview, was appointed as the Lieutenant Governor in 2013 and re-elected with Gov. Gary Herbert in 2016.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…