Lift those knees: Babies crawl to the finish line in Lithuania
VILNIUS, Lithuania (AP) — In Lithuania, the rat race of life apparently starts early.
Twenty-five babies have taken to the red carpet in Lithuania in a crawling race as their parents, grandparents and onlookers cheered the spectacle.
Saturday’s event in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, was the 20th annual event staged by a local radio station to mark International Children’s Day, celebrated in this Baltic nation on June 1.
Teams waved toys and even banged baby food cans to spur the 7-to-11-month-old baby girls and boys to move faster on the carpet.
An 11-month-old baby boy named Ignas managed to crawl over a few meters (yards) and reach the finish line first.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Utah Food Bank serving more first-time users during pandemic uncertainty
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Missionary sent home over accusations of sextortion through Snapchat
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- Weather advisory, flash flood warnings issued for parts of northern Utah
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom