SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — All of Northbound I-15 through Salt Lake County is reopened this morning after pothole repairs closed the road down to just two lanes throughout the weekend.
The closures stretched between 2100 S and 800 S after the wet weather over the winter took a toll on the roads.
UDOT Spokesman John Gleason “This winter was extreme, storm after storm and that’s continued through the spring with the rain showers. All of that water creates a lot of wear and tear on our roads and you can see more potholes that develop.”
Gleason says that we may have more closures over the next two weekends, but UDOT is ahead of schedule and may need only one more weekend.
Drivers said they experienced delays of around 15 – 20 minutes through the area and Gleason is asking drivers to be patient.
“If you’re out and about and you see lanes that are closed, there is a reason even if you don’t see work happening. It’s allowing the concrete time to cure.”
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)