Where can you get affordable dental work in Utah?
A new study from the University of Utah says that dental care can have a large impact on recovering drug addicts.
- 4th Street Clinic, Salt Lake City
- Bear Lake Community Health Center – Garden City Clinic, Garden City
- Box Elder Community Health Center, Brigham City
- Cache Valley Community Health Center
- Clinics in Logan, Hyrum and North Logan
- Carbon Medical Service, East Carbon
- Community Health Centers Inc.
- Clinics in Brigham City and throughout Salt Lake Valley
- Dixie State University Dental Hygiene Clinic, St. George
- Enterprise Valley Medical Clinic, Enterprise
- Family Healthcare
- Clinics in St. George and Cedar City
- Green River Medical Center, Green River
- Midtown Community Health Center, Ogden
- Mountainlands Community Health Center, Provo
- Mountainlands Family Health Center
- Clinics in Provo, Payson and Vernal
- MTCHC Davis County Clinic, Clearfield
- Ogden Rescue Mission Inc., Ogden
- Roseman University of Health Sciences – Utah Campus, South Jordan
- Rosewood Family Dentistry, Tooele
- Rosewood hosts an annual “Free Dental Day”
- San Juan Family Dental, Monticello
- SLCC Dental Hygiene Clinic, West Jordan
- University of Utah Dental Clinic
- Locations in Salt Lake City and Midvale
- UPFH Dental Care, Midvale
- Utah College of Dental Hygiene, Orem
- Montezuma Creek Community Health Center, Montezuma Creek
- UVU Dental Hygiene Clinic, Orem
- Wayne Community Health Center, Bicknell
- Weber State Dental Hygiene Clinic, Ogden
Why is this important?
Drug addicts were more successful in treatment with dental care.
For the study, members of the university’s School of Dental Hygiene provided free dental care to people receiving treatment at Odyssey House. The study reports that those who received dental care were two to three times more likely to stay in substance abuse treatment.
According to Dr. Glen R. Hanson, who led the study, improving a person’s quality of life can help them recover from chronic diseases, including substance abuse.
“The very factors that we had been looking at in this study with oral health that seemed to improve so dramatically are the very same factors that are used as core indicators for quality of life,” Hanson said.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings