UTA selects new Executive Director
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority has announced that Carolyn Gonot is its new Executive Director.
Gonot comes to Utah after spending 22 years working in the Bay Area working with the Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority.
“Gonot’s breadth of experience in the transit industry is extensive, ranging from service and program planning to managing and implementing major capital projects,” said Carlton Christensen, UTA Board Chair said in a statement released Monday.
“Her decades of transit experience give her an understanding of the entire transit agency, and she has the leadership qualities to ensure UTA continues to improve its service to the community,” he continued.
“There are valuable lessons from Silicon Valley that can be applied to the Silicon Slopes,” Gonot said in the release.
She will officially become the next UTA Executive Director following the approval from the board on June 26th. She is expected to start with the UTA on August 19th.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook