UTA selects new Executive Director
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority has announced that Carolyn Gonot is its new Executive Director.
Gonot comes to Utah after spending 22 years working in the Bay Area working with the Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority.
“Gonot’s breadth of experience in the transit industry is extensive, ranging from service and program planning to managing and implementing major capital projects,” said Carlton Christensen, UTA Board Chair said in a statement released Monday.
“Her decades of transit experience give her an understanding of the entire transit agency, and she has the leadership qualities to ensure UTA continues to improve its service to the community,” he continued.
“There are valuable lessons from Silicon Valley that can be applied to the Silicon Slopes,” Gonot said in the release.
She will officially become the next UTA Executive Director following the approval from the board on June 26th. She is expected to start with the UTA on August 19th.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses