Ogden soldier dies in Afghanistan
The Department of Defense has released the name of a Utah soldier who has died in Afganistan Sunday from a non-combat related incident.
Sgt. 1st Class Elliott J. Robbins, 31, was a Green Beret Medical Sergeant from Ogden serving with the 10th Special Forces Group based out of Fort Carson, Colorado.
“A skilled soldier with three combat deployments, Robbins will always be remembered,” said Col. Lawrence G. Ferguson, 10th Group commander, in a statement as reported by the Army Times.
Robbins was born on Aug. 18, 1987, in San Diego and joined the Army in 2006. He was deployed for the first time in 2007; then again in 2017 and 2019.
The DOD has said the incident is under investigation.
This story will be updated…
Today’s Top Stories
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…