Ogden soldier dies in Afghanistan
The Department of Defense has released the name of a Utah soldier who has died in Afganistan Sunday from a non-combat related incident.
Sgt. 1st Class Elliott J. Robbins, 31, was a Green Beret Medical Sergeant from Ogden serving with the 10th Special Forces Group based out of Fort Carson, Colorado.
“A skilled soldier with three combat deployments, Robbins will always be remembered,” said Col. Lawrence G. Ferguson, 10th Group commander, in a statement as reported by the Army Times.
Robbins was born on Aug. 18, 1987, in San Diego and joined the Army in 2006. He was deployed for the first time in 2007; then again in 2017 and 2019.
The DOD has said the incident is under investigation.
This story will be updated…
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in November