DA files motion to extend jail hold on Lueck suspect
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s Third District Court has granted a motion to extend the jail stay of the man accused in the kidnapping and murder of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, according to a statement from the district attorney’s office.
“Consequently,” Salt Lake County DA Sim Gill says later in the release, “the time to file charges was extended to next week.”
Ayoola Ajayi was arrested on Friday and will continue to be held without bail.
This story will be updated…
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?