A family from Wellington, Utah is trying to bring a father of five home from Ecuador after he suffered a devastating medical episode. Forty-two-year-old James Campbell is in a hospital in the city of Cuenta, where he’d gone on a business trip.
His father-in-law, Randy Dieterle, says he’s had excellent care there and they’ve managed to stabilize his condition. But they have to fly him home to Utah to get his aortic dissection surgically repaired.
“If he’s not back here, the aorta could let loose, I’ll use those terms, let loose at any point and he’d be gone almost immediately.”
The flights back to Salt Lake City will cost about $46,000. The family has a GoFundMe page called Save a Dad where they’re asking for help from the community.
- Coronavirus: Utah man in isolation after testing positive (pageviews: 1688)
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say (pageviews: 1502)
- Boys anonymously buy Valentines for every girl in their grade at Farmington Jr High (pageviews: 916)
- Mylar balloon: don't let it go! (pageviews: 822)
- Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits (pageviews: 801)
- Mike Bloomberg gains 2 Utah campaign co-chairs (pageviews: 735)
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting (pageviews: 730)
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out it's from 2004 (pageviews: 678)