BOUNTIFUL, Utah — The Bountiful City Police Department says someone is responsible for lighting a large aerial fireworks display in the bathroom of one of the city’s parks. As a result, some park patrons thought the noise was gunshots, particularly upsetting because it happened, just days after mass shootings took place in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas, according to a police Facebook post.
Police are asking for information about who might be responsible for the damage to the park’s bathroom. The Facebook post lists a newer silver Fork truck appearing to have furniture in the bed as a possible vehicle of interest. One of the suspects was wearing a white shirt and blue shorts, according to police.
Authorities are asking anyone with information on the vehicle or suspects to please call them at 801-298-6000 or contact them via social media. Reference case 190002164.
- Police respond to a homicide in Salt Lake City | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 9033)
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19 | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7213)
- Some children have ended up in Utah's hospitals with COVID-19 (pageviews: 5321)
- VIDEO: Underground Provo party draws criticism (pageviews: 4909)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 4719)
- Dr. Pepper, the latest COVID-19 shortage (pageviews: 2215)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1855)
- Out-of-staters moving to Park City and putting up big numbers buying homes (pageviews: 1188)