BOUNTIFUL, Utah — The Bountiful City Police Department says someone is responsible for lighting a large aerial fireworks display in the bathroom of one of the city’s parks. As a result, some park patrons thought the noise was gunshots, particularly upsetting because it happened, just days after mass shootings took place in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas, according to a police Facebook post.
Police are asking for information about who might be responsible for the damage to the park’s bathroom. The Facebook post lists a newer silver Fork truck appearing to have furniture in the bed as a possible vehicle of interest. One of the suspects was wearing a white shirt and blue shorts, according to police.
Authorities are asking anyone with information on the vehicle or suspects to please call them at 801-298-6000 or contact them via social media. Reference case 190002164.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings