Obi-Wan, Lizzie McGuire join new Disney Plus platform
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Ewan McGregor is reprising his “Star Wars” role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new series.
The Disney Plus project with McGregor drew big cheers when it was announced Friday at the D23 Expo fan event.
The untitled series is among a number of splashy projects that Disney is banking on to make its new streaming platform competitive.
The audience of about 6,000 people voiced enthusiasm for another “Star Wars”-related series, “The Mandalorian,” which producers said is set in a yet unexplored time for the space saga.
Disney Plus also announced that Hilary Duff will return as a grown-up version of the title character in “Lizzie McGuire.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy