ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Ewan McGregor is reprising his “Star Wars” role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new series.
The Disney Plus project with McGregor drew big cheers when it was announced Friday at the D23 Expo fan event.
The untitled series is among a number of splashy projects that Disney is banking on to make its new streaming platform competitive.
The audience of about 6,000 people voiced enthusiasm for another “Star Wars”-related series, “The Mandalorian,” which producers said is set in a yet unexplored time for the space saga.
Disney Plus also announced that Hilary Duff will return as a grown-up version of the title character in “Lizzie McGuire.”
- Stay at home order issued to residents in Summit County (pageviews: 8104)
- Walmart sees a rise in sales for tops, but not bottoms - because more people are working from home (pageviews: 5773)
- Here's what coronavirus does to your lungs (pageviews: 4041)
- Salt Lake County latest to issue "Stay Safe, Stay Home" order (pageviews: 3737)
- COVID-19 case count in Utah now at 719, officials say (pageviews: 3007)
- TSA agent at Salt Lake City International Airport tests positive for COVID-19 (pageviews: 2868)
- Salt Lake County considering "shelter in place" (pageviews: 2541)
- Could Joseph Smith's First Vision have happened today, 200 years ago? (pageviews: 2484)