ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Ewan McGregor is reprising his “Star Wars” role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new series.
The Disney Plus project with McGregor drew big cheers when it was announced Friday at the D23 Expo fan event.
The untitled series is among a number of splashy projects that Disney is banking on to make its new streaming platform competitive.
The audience of about 6,000 people voiced enthusiasm for another “Star Wars”-related series, “The Mandalorian,” which producers said is set in a yet unexplored time for the space saga.
Disney Plus also announced that Hilary Duff will return as a grown-up version of the title character in “Lizzie McGuire.”
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)